- Baby bodysuit or tee
- Tie pattern (see link to pdf at end of this post)
- Fabric scrap for tie – you could get away with as little as 4″ X 8″ or 5″ X 6″ if you’re cutting the tail piece at an angle.
- Wonder Under, same sized as your fabric
- Sewing machine or hand sewing needle
Fuse Wonder Under to wrong side of fabric using the directions on the product. (Already done in picture.)
Print tie pattern and cut out. It prints to scale for me, but for reference…the tail portion measures approximately 5.5″ from top to point and 3″ wide at the widest point and the knot portion measures about 2″ wide at the top and is 1 3/8″ tall in the center.
Trace both pieces onto Wonder Under paper backing. Depending on the print, you may want to rotate one piece 45 degrees (I did this in the example pictured).
Cut out. Remove paper backing.
Line the “knot” piece of the tie up with the neckline of the shirt and center it. I like to slide it under the neckline a tiny bit. You might want to just touch the top of the knot with your iron to keep it from moving but BE SURE not to iron down the bottom edge of the knot.
Slip the “tail” piece of the tie under the knot piece about 1/4″.
Fuse both pieces to the shirt.
Clear as mud? Leave any questions in the comments and I’ll clarify.
And here is a link to the pdf in Google Docs. I’m hoping that Mac users will be able to print it now.
***For personal use only. Make ‘em, gift ‘em, please don’t sell ‘em!***
We went to Bear Lake for a while. Pre-emptive answer: No, it’s not particularly warm there this time of year. In fact, it snowed a little on Monday morning.
And now we’re home. We had a great week.
(The spacing on this is giving me fits. Stupid Blogger. It looks fine ’til I hit publish.)
See that wonky party on top? Totally stuck to my towel. And see how it’s kind of flat? I think I need a smaller, rounder pot. Mine’s like 9 quarts and oval-y. Bread flour worked better than regular flour. See? Obsessed.
I got this idea from a friend several years ago, it’s just taken me forever to get around to getting it done. We’re coming up with 10 family values and we’ll be putting one in each frame. I figure we can talk about one a week for FHE and kill 2.5 months of my New Year’s Resolution right there. Frames from IKEA, vinyl from here again. And the silhouettes found a good home.
In other crap making news, several ladies from my neighborhood came over yesterday for a sewing group. We made a dozen or so school bags for the LDS Church Humanitarian Center. If you’re my neighbor and you’re reading this (I hear my blog was discussed in Relief Society a couple of weeks back, which makes me giggle a lot), come join us next time!
1 cup ammonia
1/2 cup vinegar
1 gallon hot water
1/4 cup baking soda
Mix together and wash your walls. No rinsing is required.
We tried this on Saturday. I made half a batch and put it in spray bottles and turned the kids loose. It appears to have worked pretty well. If my paint starts peeling off in the next couple of weeks, I’ll be sure to let you know.