More washers

Remember how I said that we’d be making some more washer stuff?

Here’s a YouTube video, if you’re interested.

Things I’ve learned:

I used E6000 to glue down the paper. Let it dry COMPLETELY or you’ll get rippling when you apply the glaze.

It’s OK to have “paper over hang” (like that term?). Once your adhesive is dry, take a nail file and file downward all around the edges. Make sure to file or sand the inside edge, too.

Diamond Glaze is hard to come by in Utah. I used Aleene’s Paper Glaze. It’s available at Michael’s. I’ve done 18 washers (the big ones were 2″) and still have some left. Also, DON’T SHAKE IT. You’ll get bubbles. Most of the bubbles can be popped quickly with a needle. Pop them as soon as you notice them. It looks milky straight out of the bottle, but it dries clear. The drying time was about 2 days.

Now we just need to string them!

Posted by Picasa

Comments

1. michellejohnnie says:

These are beautiful. I need to find that glaze and make some! I linked to these at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

2. i think you can buy diamond glaze through a "Stampin' Up!" demonstrator… but i bet the paper glaze works just fine.

3. The Harding Hive says:

I wish you would give me private lessons on all of this crafty stuff. I LOVE Macey's skirt. And I really love your baby stuffed in that cupboard. I want to live at your house.

4. porter family says:

i bought some steel stampers to make washer necklaces but havent actually done it yet. now i have to add these to my 'to do' list.

5. hannyBdesigns says:
  6. jenpetersen says:

Are you planning a class?

7. I did not laser copy, just used regular old scrapbook paper.

8. ~Kimberly says:

I love the bright paper you used! How fun!

9. I couldn't find diamond glaze but found glossy accents by ranger ink at Roberts and I've seen it at Michael's now too.
    I've only done scrabble tiles so far but I've just used mod podge for the glue. and E6000 to add the jewelry bail to them.
    I love the washers, gotta give them a try!!!

10. this has to be one of my favorite crafts

Speak Your Mind

Creative Commons License
Crap I've Made by Char is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.crapivemade.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.crapivemade.blogspot.com.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected