***I realize that some people have strong feelings about crib bumpers. The comments on this post are not the place to share those feelings, K?***
Jami picked up a damaged Pottery Barn Kids bumper at our local Down East Home store for $10 (cheaper than buying new batting, right?) and I recovered it. It was all one really, really long piece and stuffing it inside the new cover would have been a nightmare, so I cut it into 4 pieces (one for each side). I measured each piece and added 1′’ for seam allowances. I’m not giving you specific measurements for this because your bumper may be a different height and/or thickness. The top and bottom ruffles are 3” strips pressed in half and then ruffled with my ruffler foot.
I put large ties (5” strips, sewed RST into a tube and angled on the end) on the corners and a small tie on the top and bottom centers of each long side.
The bumper fabrics and the yellow for the ties are all Amy Butler fabrics.
The green ruffles are Heather Bailey.
The houndstooth on the sheet is Free Spirit. I used Dana’s tutorial for the crib sheet.
And someone remind me to head over to Jami’s to photograph her nursery in the afternoon next time because no pregnant woman should ever have to do this to help you get a good picture:
Or maybe I should just finish the window treatments next…