A little help, please?

I bought some fabric.

Like, 35 fat quarters.

I’m making a quilt….I just have no idea what kind. Suggestions? I have the Turning Twenty pattern. Should I start there?

And if you’re looking for a mindless easy crafty project, try these flowers from Heather Bailey. My neighbor and I made a bunch last Friday night whilst we sat and chatted until the wee hours of Saturday morning. These are just mine.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

1. You could do Surprisingly Super Simple. I think it uses fat quarters….

2. ca-ute!

and i'm drooling over your fat quarters. as you know, i don't quilt and therefore have no ideas for you…

3. I just made a Stacked Coins quilt. It was super easy and it turned out so cute!

4. What a beautiful stack! It will be great in whatever you decide. But when I saw the stack I immediately thought of this…. http://cicadastudio.net/misc/dowoodprojectsheet.pdf

Can't wait to see the finished product!

5. CosmoGirl Carla says:

Hmmmm . . . drooling over those yummy fabrics. As far what kind of quilt, I love simple quilts – nine patches, log cabins, fence rails, stars. But those fabrics might need a more sophisticated pattern, maybe? I'm sure whatever you decide to create using them will be beautiful.

Loving the flowers too! Are they still called yo-yo's, or am I just dating myself? LOL Planning a girl's weekend away in a few weeks and these may be a fantastic project to work on while we're sitting around the fire in our pj's, sipping Cosmos, watching chick flicks.

Thanks for sharing!

6. Oh my goodness, I spent two hours last night just looking at quilt blogs looking for ideas. I'm on my way to a quilt store tomorrow and want to be there with a purpose so I don't spend too much :)

So far this is my fave:

Quilty blogs often have easy tutorials and patterns. I suggest hitting them up!

7. I changed my mind….that fabric needs to have bigger cuts to showcase the beautiful patterns, so, no on the dogwood project sheet. I say go for the turning twenty. It will be gorgeous!

8. i love stacks of fabric. love love love. i don't know names of quilts, but Im really into modern designs right now. like at Film in the Fridge.

also? those flowers are super cute

9. I think you should give paper piecing a whirl!!! (It's my new obsession….)

10. Oooo adorable flowers! I definitely want to try them. As for the quilt, I like the pattern you have or I also think those fabrics would look awesome in a block quilt! Whatever you choose I can't wait to see it!

11. Love your flowers! My friend and I just started making those, too. Super easy and super cute!

12. Awww! You're making me a baby quilt, aren't you?!? You're the best!

13. What a delicious dilemma to have! How about a crazy nine-patch? Oh, Fransson! has a great tute. http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2008/05/did-you-see-me.html
    I agree you need fairly big blocks to appreciate the material, though. Though I do love the stacked coins quilt as well. Can't wait to see what you decide! Good luck!

14. Your cool friend, Cheryl says:

Oh that stack of fabric! I would probably just sit and look at it like that for another month before I could bear to disturb it.

15. I need some of that orange and pink fabric! I have been looking for some just like that. Do you know where I could get some?

16. ShellyLynn says:

I've had this quilt bookmarked for a while and I don't even quilt! It's just so pretty. :) http://www.redpepperquilts.com/2009/06/zig-zag-quilt.html

17. Char @ Crap I've Made says:

Great suggestions….keep 'em coming!

The fabric is MeadowSweet from Sandi Henderson. I bought a fat quarter assortment from Fabritopia.

18. The Mathis Family says:

YOu could just mail them to me! Ha ha ha! Those are such cute patterns! I'm getting a new house and I could do a million things! So…if you want…send em my way!

19. Those flowers are yummy!

20. As for the quilt, so don't know a thing about quilting but I really love white quilts with just patches of color, over pattern on pattern. Kwim? If you want to check out a new blog, my friend from A Drop in the Bucket makes tons of quilts and I love all her designs. She's in my sidebar. :)

21. The fabric is awesome!! I just made a couple of turning twenty quilts for my mom's for Christmas. I was really happy with the way they turned out! I thikn you're totally on the right track! BTW, who am I to give any advice to you! YOU are my inspiration!!!

22. beautiful fabrics..they will make a lovely quilt.
    what plans do you have for your fabulous flowers??

23. Char @ Crap I've Made says:

Correction: It's *only* 30 fat quarters.

And I have no plans for the flowers. My neighbor's been wearing hers and then carrying around the spares in her purse to hand out to anyone that asks.

Maybe I'll do a giveaway…..

24. Cute flowers!!! I know absolutely nothing about quilting. But I am interested in learning. Can't wait to see what you make!

XOXO
    Jen

25. Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, and Penny says:

I was too cheap to buy the Turning 20 pattern, but I made my own version here: http://crafterhours.blogspot.com/2009/10/joint-effort.html and I looooove it! I say go for it – it's one of the best patterns for spotlighting your gorgeous fabric (ie: none of the pieces are very small)

26. Connie's Place says:

Love all the new fabric you got!!!
    All the bright colors are super.

27. Midwestern gone Idahoan says:

Love your fabric – I saw a lot of those fabrics and WANTED some too!! I did get a few of them!! I am making a 12 x 12 square (well 9 of them total) for a sister's weekend in May. Then we will give each sister or SIL and my mom a square. In the end we will have 9 different squares for a quilt!!! YEA!!!!!! I have tried a few different ideas and haven't found the 'right' one yet!! But I have found or hope I have found the one I am going to do!! Something I thought of on my own – as far as I know!!- three strips of fabric (4×12) and then in the middle I am going to do a heart in a different fabric and let it fray the edges. Does that make sense? I am excited!! Good luck! I love quilting!! And pretty new at it!

28. calicodaisy says:

Turning Twenty — fast and easy. I made one a few years ago and just had it quilted. Very nice. My Meadowsweet just showed up in my mailbox this week. Love it!
    – michele

29. LOVE that stack of fabric

Here are two of my favorite quilts
    and

They are both simple and show off the fabrics so nicely! I am sure whatever you pick will be beautiful with those fabrics.

30. I have made the Turning Twenty quilt. It was the first quilt I'd ever made and by far my favorite (I was 19 when I made it.)

I highly suggest it!

Lindsay

31. I agree, the Turning Twenty quilt is fast and easy! A great way to show of a variety of super cute fabric.

32. You could do a sampler with different quilt blocks like the ones listed above. I can’t decide either so I may do that with the fabric I’ve chosen.